Sustainable Building Practices
Energy saving, eco-friendly and visually pleasing
These can include design considerations such as:
- Orientation – to take advantage of northern light and orient the house to take in any natural aspect.
- Cross flow ventilation-how can we get best value from the prevailing winds to keep the air fresh inside the house.
- Passive solar – control sunlight to invite sun light in during winter and keep the hot sun out in winter.
- Active solar- will we use solar hot water and or photovoltaic panels
- Heating and cooling : best use of heating and cooling to minimise cost to run and lower your carbon footprint summer.
- Water use
- Rainwater collection and diversion
- Greywater treatment
- Eco friendly building materials
Our expertise with many of the products available can inform your choices to save you money in both the short term and on future running costs.